March 15, 2010

Wanderlust

From an enchanted land 
to the roof of the world, 
From land of the rising sun
to the dark of a deep cavern. 
How badly I love to travel 
And at God's creation marvel.
From point to point as I go 
So many things I'd love to do. 
From taking a polar dip 
to jumping off a cliff - 
From floating on a lily pad 
to sleeping on desert sand.
Travel I must to a new place
Explore the bounty of God's grace 
Catch a star or the northern light 
Read the news on a solstice night 
Enjoy nature's touch in pretty flowers 
Or drench fully in Amazonian showers
I like to meet people, make new friends 
Learn from them, pick up new trends 
More we differ, 
more alike we are 
in heritage and harmony, 
in love and fear. 
On roads less travelled, 
paved or gravel 
So many more places I got to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment